Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday Randoms

My contest winner got her package and it made her day! Yippie, hooray, I love that! Enjoy it all Kristin and let me know which Trader Joes goodie was your fave!

The Hinge is sleeping at my feet and snoring so sweetly (if snoring can be sweet). She's an old gal so she sleeps quite a lot. I think she must be dreaming. She is Cliff's cat. We each had one, very Brady Bunch huh! Except that my Ned is a boy and Hingie is a girl. She is named Hinge because her meow sounds like a door hinge. Seriously.

Christmas at Lacylike! I've been toying with the idea of doing a Lacylike Christmas/Holiday special. It would be a lacylike version of a stocking meets Oprah's fave things. I plan to stuff my picks into a lacylike canvas grocery bag (speaking of... pre orders are still coming in sight unseen, thank you so much! That is absolutely awesome and you won't be sorry)! So... before I go out shopping away and buying things to fill the bags I need to put my feelers out there and see if I'd have any takers...So far I have a list of my favorite things (which are amazing brands and the very best quality of everything) so if you might be interested leave a comment and let me know along with a price point that you'd like to see. So far my list o fave things has stuff for him and her like...

scooter scarf (well that is what I call em, for you it may be a going for a walk scarf or riding in the car scarf)

my fave bath soak

Cliff's fave body wash

My new fave headband

My fave paper company gift tags for holiday wrapping

An eco water bottle, etc...

Please let me know your thoughts and if this is a good idea or not so much. I think it could be a really fun way to get some of your holiday shopping done. I have a great list working of my fave things so I could really take it any direction on price point.

Have a marvelous LONG weekend!

4 comments:

Mary said...

I think this is a great idea! I don't really have any ideas on other fave items. Maybe something Mary Greenish???

BTW - I know that your winners love their items. Because, I love my jotter! The first tab is reserved for random notes and stuff that I need to write down quickly. The second tab is reserved for bills. I have to write my bills down each month so as to not let any slip. Haven't figured out a purpose for the third tab yet but it will come to me.

Marizee said...

I think it sounds like a great idea, especially considering I'm the queen of "day-of" shopping. Aunt Mary got to take part in my most recent last-minute excursion, although I think she should thank me for my procrastinating b/c she made 10 bucks off it! Love that parking lot cash floating around.

I'm not sure about the price point...scooter scarves are expensive!! ...as our a few of your other fave things. Maybe you could do your fave bargain things?

Love,
Your frugal sister

Tammie said...

Maybe you could do 2 or 3 different bags, or a basic bag with add ons like scooter scarves if they are expensive & other options. (I do love scarves!) If I got you to wrap it for me it might be the only (fun) suprise I get on Christmas day. My guys are hit and miss shoppers. They try God bless them.

Freckled Nest said...

Hinge is such a great name :) Keith and I like it :)