Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Clothes and what they do for you.

Yesterday I went to Target. I browsed the clothes section. I am not sure why I do this... I know full well that I can not and will not buy anything but a girl needs to see what she's missing you know. I stay away from the mall and when I need to feel like I've shopped I go online and put things into my cart and just never check out. These are the rituals of a girl with no extra cash these days.

So I am in the clothes section and I pick up a blue mock turtle neck thing b/c it is my fave shade of blue at the moment and I carry it around. Then I find some brown trousers that really compliment the blue in the shirt and I pick them up. Then it happens... I realize that holding these trousers is making me feel a little sick, a little like crying, a little blah. OMG PUT THEM DOWN, PUT THE TROUSERS DOWN NOW!

I immediately put everything back and went straight to the check out. I am proud to report that I left with toilet paper and Purpose face wash exactly as I'd intended.

Who new that a polyester blend could send me right into waves of stress and anxiety over job searching? Oh bother!

3 comments:

katy said...

Oh dear.

Well, for what it's worth, I can never find anything at Target that fits well enough to actually purchase. But it doesn't keep me from going back to try again, and again, and again....

Kier's Serendipity said...

I'm so proud you put it down. That is some will power!

kimi said...

i totally do the same thing...but then i try and justify me purchasing something on sale..it is on sale.

but i also do the shopping online thing...and when i get to the shipping cost i am like...heck no i am not paying $15 for shipping! and close out of everything, LOL!