Thursday, August 20, 2009

This old house

I just talked to Kayla and Mema!

I am missing them extra today and am totally jealous that they've spent the entire day together going on adventures down memory lane to find the first house that we lived in! I can hardly wait to see the photos! I just dug through all my old photos to see if I have any pictures of when we lived there. I didn't find any of the house itself but I found a few from those days that made me smile.


So you can't really see the house but you can see a sassy little Lacy posing on the front porch. : )

This is the park across the street. We are standing in our front yard... I found lots of photos in the front yard and driveway. I do remember spending a lot of time out there.
Our dad built us this mega cool jungle gym complete with phone for talking with important people like E.T., The Smurfs and anyone else we needed to get in touch with.
I really love that Kayla has one shoe in her hand. I can almost hear Kayla saying "DaaaaaaaDdddddy, my shoe!"

Aunt Mary spent countless hours letting me walk up her legs, flip over and shout "ta da" to my hearts content. She was my first playmate and best friend. I am still amazed at how much patience she must have had to deal with me. I was an awful bossy little thing.

So there you go I successfully found pictures of the grass, parts of the house siding and driveway! Come to think of it I couldn't even draw you a floor plan for that house and I have no idea what the inside looked like but I could tell you where Kayla and I played slip and slide in the front yard and danced our little hearts out in the back yard and those are the memories that matter.

And on another note about memories...

I am super thankful for friends in my life who keep showing up for me. Thank you, friends! No seriously, I'm in major transition right now and meaningful relationships filled with mutual respect, love and encouragement are lifting me right up. It's so cool to be surrounded by beautiful women.

The countdown to my mom's visit is underway! I can hardly wait to have her here in San Jose. It's been since my birthday in January!

I love my family, my life, our memories. I am feeling super sappy and nostalgic now.

xoxo
Lacy

3 comments:

Mary said...

Awww.. you know that I can't not comment on this one. (This will be a first, second, and so on comment)

1. I am quite certain that your mother has a picture of the house.
2. LOL - I am sure that house had an "original" floorplan. But, I think your mom and dad changed that floorplan at LEAST 3 times. I remember very vividly the various walls they tore down and built up again in the house. I remember when you and Kayla first slept in the same room, then had your own rooms and I think went back to sleeping in the same room again?
3. I didn't need patience with you. You were always so sweet to me and never bossy with me, just everyone else.
4. I am so happy that you get to spend some time with your mom. I know you miss her and she misses you. Enjoy YOUR family time!!! Love you, Turkey!

c-rock said...

Awww, how sweet. Great photos & memories!

Marizee said...

Oh, sis, love those pics! That one of us and Dad made me remember how every day when he came home from work he would pick us both up and shake up and down and we'd all scream "Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah". Remember that? Lol.

Everything looked so different yet so the same. Does that even make sense? I decided that I'm just going to leave some things in my memories how I want to remember them instead of how they really are. Because if you don't, the old wagon wheel trail just loses some of its magic...