Monday, August 10, 2009

Words that inspire


Hey there! How was your weekend? Nice to see you and here's hoping that this week is going to be something special in your life or at very least may you laugh a little each day!

I am still working in The Artist's Way. I've slowed down a bit in the last month as a result of beginning nutrition school but it's still happily apart of my reads and still cuts right to my creative heart each time I pick it up. I am still taking my weekly artist dates and they are one of my favorite parts of my week.

I like to share some of my fave words and quotes from the book so far...

Here are some of Julia Cameron's words:
In a sense, as we are creative beings, our lives become our work of art.

Leap and the net will appear.

...think magic. Think delight. Think fun.

Our chief needs as creative beings is support.

It is important to remember that at first flush, going sane feels just like going crazy. ; )

The reward for attention is always healing.

in order to have self-expression we must first have a self to express.

Art lies in the moment of encounter: we meet our truth and we meet ourselves; we meet ourselves and we meet our self-expression. We become original become we become something specific: an origin from which work flows.

Serious art is born from serious play.

And quotes in the book by others:
Affirmations are like prescriptions for certain aspects of yourself you want to change.
- Jerry Frankhauser

What I am saying is that we need to be willing to let our intuition guide us, and than be willing to follow that guidance directly and fearlessly.
- Shakti Gawain


Good stuff! Happy Monday!




Photo Credit here.
Taken by my Rachel when she was visiting. <3

2 comments:

Marizee said...

Sigh. Great quotes. Needing some creative support myself. The Artist's Way has been tucked safely in my nightstand since June. Maybe it's time to pull it out...

On another note, I have my first tai chi class tonight... Will let you know how it goes.

I LOVE the pic of you at the beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith said...

Very cute puppy Lacy, I think Tom would like to play :)