Saturday, October 17, 2009

Autumn weekend.

Been listening to Elsie's Autumn playlist for the last few days. It's a refreshing change to the old tired tunes on my ipod. I LOVE mixes made by other people. I do. I love soundtracks too. I invite ya to get it playing while you are reading. : )

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

We are dog sitting for our neighbor for a week.
Meet Shadow.
I think that I really captured her. She's a big sweet ole gal. She stays at her place and we feed and walk her and then bring her over to torment the cats and let her eat some cat food snacks. LOL We are good Shadow sitters.


_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I am trying to figure out a new plan for printing photos. I have so many great ones that have yet to make it to print. I have ideas swimming around in my head but I will let you know what I come up with. I am thinking about keeping a file of favorites to print by month and then printing them in bulk at the end of the month or quarter... what do you do to keep yourself printing? ? ? ?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I had lunch on Thursday with an new effervescent friend. It was all quality time and good for my spirit. She shared one of her favorite quotes of late with me and I just love it.

"Remember, you are braver than you believe, you are stronger than you seem, and you are smarter than you think." -- AA Mile

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Me, Cliff and Emily went to Tracy's Engagement Party last night and gave her the love gift! I made her a cork heart that she can use as a tray or hang on the wall as an art piece or cork board! I used the wine stained side of the corks for the heart and then the clean side to fill in. I am loving all of my fun cork projects! Cliff wrote the most beautiful things in the card for her about when we got engaged and how he felt. It felt like a gift for me too.


Cute huh! xo - Lacy



8 comments:

Kier's Serendipity said...

I love the cork heart! So cute and a fun gift!

Happy Weekend!

Jamie said...

OMG! I loooove that cork heart! I need one!!!!! Do you ever sell them? Do you drink that much wine??? lol And if so, good for you!!! hehehe

If you get any good answers on the photo printing, let me know! I'm at a loss as well.

Here's some other awesome blog playlists that I loooove:

This one on this post and the one on her blog at the top of the right side is one I soooo love:
http://ashleywatts.blogspot.com/2009/10/can-someone-turn-music-up.html

Jeremy just posted an awesome one the other day:
http://justme-jeremyk123.blogspot.com/2009/10/running-through-fields-of-hitchikers.html
(it's what I'm listening to now)
But I also listen to Elsie's all the time too!

book*addict said...

OMG! LOve Love LOVE the heart cork board. soo cute. an idea i must steal. hope you don't have it patented

katy said...

So... you know me. I'm reading this post, and I just can't concentrate on anything except the shape of your feet. You have such a square foot -- would have been perfect for pointe shoes. Did you miss your calling as a ballerina?!

Mary said...

Katy - She DID miss her calling! I was privileged to be at her very first performance. I'll bet if you asked nicely, she'll post a picture of her in her lovely pink and blue costume. :-) I thought it was already posted somewhere on this blog but couldn't find it.

Lacy - I love the cork heart. But, I especially love how you captured Ned right in the mix of it all. So Ned! Nosiest cat that I have ever known.

Heather said...

this is so cute! I love it!

tracy said...

I absolutely LOVE my cork heart! I got to finally open it in the wee hours after the party and it made me smile and swoon. The card is perfect! I thought it was all love words from you, until I got to the "after having been in Shawn's place not so long ago" I was like WAIT - that's not my sweet friend Lacy! ha ha Cliff is adorable! (of course, you already know that...)

I'm looking at my cork heart as I type and have the card set up next to my laptop so I can look/read it throughout the day.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! xoxoxoxoxo

Smoochgirl said...

what a great post! cute dog, cute project.

digital photos are so hard to keep organized. i'm so overwhelmed with them all, i hardly bother printing. the last ones i printed were of my son's 4th b-day party and i only printed them so i could share them with his friends! i still haven't even made a scrapbook page and that was last april! then i printed the ones for my friend's wedding last year over the summer because i made her a scrapbook as a gift (i still need to email you the photos of that!). i also printed an 11x14 photo of a water lily to frame. i guess, i'm not motivated unless i have a project or something. if you need a recommendation for a printing company, i suggest adoramapix.com. they do a great job, have reasonable prices and offer frequent specials. one offer is 25 free 4x6 prints for placing your first order. i also love their metallic finish. it really enhanced my water lily pic.

as for playlists, my ipod is in desperate need of updating, but that gets placed on the back burner. however, if you want a taste of my tastes, here's a playlist i created about a year ago of a bunch of random songs i like depending on my mood: http://www.playlist.com/smoochgirl