Friday, October 16, 2009

Want to get all squeaky?

First of all 9 comments from yesterday! Wheeeee thank you all so much for giving your 2 cents! I love it when a post starts a conversation! There are so many directions that conversation could go but my main focus is on the idea of beauty in America. Sure we will always have goals on weight loss or gain but what's most important in my mind is that you find yourself beautiful! Thank you gals for the comments!

Ok so on to the cleanse I've been talking about...

As you all know I am in nutrition school! To compliment my schooling I am helping my friend Jen to lead a pre holiday cleanse. Remember when we did our cleanse at the beginning of the year? You can find it here, here, here, here, and here. I had a lot to say about the process!


Here's the info on our cleanse if you'd like to join us! If you are not in the bay area but you want to cleanse leave a comment or send me an email at lacylike@gmail.com. I am considering doing a virtual cleanse via skype meetings and blogging.


Women's 10 day Fall Cleanse Workshop

Have you been wanting to...
  • transform your eating habits
  • feel confident in choosing and preparing food that feeds your body and soul
  • cleanse your body and experience an increase in energy and vitality
  • stop cravings and binges
  • expel toxins from your body
  • simplify digesting and improve assimilation of nutrients
  • awaken deeper levels of your true self
  • enhance your relationship to food and nourishment to find lasting happiness, balance, and purpose
  • increase your energy
  • balance your emotions
  • master your diet
Meeting Dates and Location:
Artemis Healing Center
246 Los Gatos Saratoga Road
Los Gatos, CA

Sunday Nov 8, 1- 3 pm
Tuesday Nov 10, 6 - 8 pm
Sunday Nov 15, 1 - 3 pm
Tuesday Nov 17, 6 - 8 pm

A major focus of each session will be to develop awareness, motivations and discernment regarding your relationship to food and learning which foods nourish your body. Through experimental exercises, you will learn to live from the inside out rather than the outside in.

Based on the work of Hale Sophia Schatz, author of If the Buddha Came to Dinner

Cost: $175 (includes some workshop materials) You will of course have to purchase your own foods for the cleanse.

*This is a food based cleanse. There will be no strange drink mixes, shakes or starvation!




To register email Lacy at lacylike@gmail.com. Include your phone # in the email.

Registration deadline is Halloween, Oct 31.

1 comment:

Violet said...

Oh man! That sounds like something right up my alley. I'm very into to healthy eating (yea, as I just polished off three mini donuts. Gosh!) and into cleanses and the like. I've never actually done a cleanse.. like a full on clense. Are you a Vegetarian? :D