Thursday, March 18, 2010

Aloha on the anniversary of my ha.


Remember that Aloha is about
your individual uniqueness and your authenticity because it is about the spirit of your ha, the breath of your life which captures your essence. Alo is your demeanor, and thus sharing Aloha is living from the inside out.
Beautiful thought isn’t it? That Aloha can be about your authentic self in values lived, and in the instinctual deep-seated thought which drives you to actions of "rightness and intellectual honesty with self."
When you manage with aloha, this is the gift you give to everyone else. Can you imagine the partnership you will achieve, when those you manage recognize this gift you so freely and sincerely give to them?


My little brother sent this to me a week ago (from this site) and I purposely saved it for today, my 2 year anniversary of breathing freely! I read my post from my 1 year post op and I still feel the same way... grateful, teary and able to access the events like they were yesterday.
It's a big day. It's a good day.
Cliff took this photo on our beach day on Sunday and while it's not the best picture of me (because I prefer cheesy teeth smiling as opposed to the pursed lip pleasant look, the cheese is just more me) it really shows off my beautiful battle scar. It's looking really good these days and I am still proud of myself when I look in the mirror and see it. I've been amazed in the last two years at how many well intending people, strangers even offer advice on how to get rid of the scar. I usually just say thank you and go on my way. Truth is, I earned that baby and it doesn't feel like a blemish to me. It feels like a story, part of my story that has ushered me to today.




It's a big day. It's a good day. I felt like I should say it twice. :)
We all have a story about how we became who we are... some moment in time that changed us so drastically that we were able to peel away another layer to get to the creamy good stuff in the middle where all the treasures and sparkle is hidden! What's your story? What ushered you into today and made you feel proud of you?


Thanks for reading my story and celebrating this day with me. I really do so appreciate you being here.

Lacy

11 comments:

mle jean said...

peeling the layers to the creamy good stuff. well said. i'm still in the thick of peeling the layers but i think and feel i'm getting closer to the creamy stuff. bty, pretty scar!

Summer Says... said...

I've always viewed scars as a sign of survival earned through a fight. They almost always make a good story too (though I confess most of mine are due to fighting with inanimate objects...).

Leigh-Ann said...

Congratulations Lacy!!!! You're a living miracle! :)
Love Lala

Kier's Serendipity said...

I am so happy that you have been 2 years free of the misery...and what a 2 years it has been. Great post, my dear friend, great post.

Tammie said...

Happy Breathe-aversary!! May you never meet another chin stitch as long as you live! (The scar will fade eventually to a point that it will not be easily noticable no matter what you do. My scar took about 3 or 4 years to turn skin color.)

Tammie said...

I still feel my scar when I turn my head to the left though. People always think my neck scar has to do with my thyroid.

Etips said...

You have nice content on this thanks.

I like blogs with good content keep it up =)

Violet said...

Yea! I'm so happy that you're here. Meant to be, you know?! LOVE YOU!

Marizee said...

Sweet sister! First off, I LOVE YOUR SCAR!!! It makes me think of slow walks to the bathroom with you attached to that drip bag and your ass hanging out...Hawaiian pizza and red wine and tiramisu in that undercover old folks home mom and I stayed in...walks past the cute firemen in the freezing cold from the hospital in the gorgeous streets of Boston...massages on your sheet metal neck...laughter through tears...reading your personality on a magnadoodle...mom and dad in one room (ha!)...so much...

As for my battles, the things that have peeled my layers...it seems to be travel...Spain (soon-to-be x2), Costa Rica x2, the many trips to Cali to see my sweet sister, two rose bowl trips with Brian that have been filled with life-changing conversation...seeing the world has made me understand me better than anything else I think.

I love you!!!!!!!!!!

katy said...

Glad you're with us and breathing freely, old friend. That scar is beautiful, and I'm glad you realize it!

I'm celebrating a scar anniversary this year, myself. 10 years on May 17th. That surgery was the beginning of a hard ending, but amazingly -- also the gateway to a better kind of happiness than I had dreamed possible for myself.

Here's to you! Here's to us!!

Alissa said...

Yay! Congrats, Lacy! Who cares about a silly scar, anyway? It tells an amazing story!