Monday, March 29, 2010

Artfest part 1: Artfest was...

MarVelous!

We met amazingly generous women, created to our hearts content, giggled insanely, met new friends, and shared a bathroom with far too many ladies! The accommodations were rustic but the laughter was contagious!

We road tripped to Portland today for Leigh's signing at Coco and Toulouse tomorrow. I have to admit I am sooo very happy to be off the military base and back to my kind of travel. You know separate beds, tubs that actually drain... this girl doesn't ask for much but the 5 stars don't suck either!

Here are a few photos from Artfest!



I flew into Seattle and we spent all of 5 minutes there... a quickie lunch, stroll down the market...

a cookie the size of my FACE...


good humor... spring beaver anyone?



then the ferry to Bainbridge Island, WA and then onto Port Townsend, WA and ARTFEST!


...knew I should have packed sunglasses!


Our shadows!




Ummm... and thus begins our week (this is NOT our car)



My first class was with Theo and an amazing out of the box experience for me. Doodling blindfolded was our first exercise with no judgment just marks on a page, free and flowing! Some people completely panicked and some people totally went with it! I was the latter.


My blind folded doodles :)



A note I found in that classroom on day 1. Photo worthy.




Walking on the beach. It was very grey but any sand in my toes makes me happy.



How can you beat that view!?


One of the houses on the base.


Walking back to our room one day after class I saw these guys and sat with them for a while. They were so o.k. with my being there. I was literally standing as close as this picture portrays. SO COOL!






More on Artfest tomorrow and the events of Portland!

Happy Monday everyone!
Much crafty, happy love!
Lacy

8 comments:

KT said...

how did you get yourself to be out of focus and only your hands in focus in that last photo? I've always wanted to do that.

Jamie said...

Oh I love these pictures, Lacy!!! That last one is the bomb-diggity! haha! Love it! Looks like an amazing time!!!

Sara said...

Love these! The last one is my favorite - you should totally use that on your blog template somewhere!

Holy Ghost said...

Soooo cool. You look so happy and content. What a great trip for you!

Kier's Serendipity said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun! I can't wait till the next installment!

Marizee said...

Can't wait to hear more! I've felt you...know you must be doing some fabulous artsy-fartsy, crafty, wonderful stuff. Love you.

Irene said...

I lived in Seattle for four years and loved it. We used to love exploring Pike Place Market on the weekend. I hope you took the chance to have lunch at the Athenian while you were there. (It's the restaurant where Tom Hanks and Rob Reiner had lunch in "Sleepless in Seattle")

Tammie said...

What kind of cookie was that?