Monday, May 3, 2010

Oh Audrey!


My little brother and his girlfriend sent this to me so I couldn't resist posting it!

Snopes says she didn't write it but I find them lovely so here you go:
a list of beauty tips (not) from Audrey.

1. For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.

2 For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.

3. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.

4. For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day. (This one sort of cracks me up I can just see sticky fingers and a bright happy smile from some little person but definitely not more beautiful hair--ha!)

5. For poise, walk with the knowledge you'll never walk alone.

6. People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anybody. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arm. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands--one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.

7. The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows. And the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years.

May you feel truly beautiful today!
Happy Monday and welcome to May!
XXOO
Lacy

6 comments:

Sara said...

Oh Audrey, indeed! Do you know that Audrey was my first choice for a baby girl (far exceeding Olivia)... because of this beautiful lady. LOVE her.

Mary said...

Wow! I think that I am more impressed that Cody sent this too you. :-)

Tammie said...

I always wanted to be like Audrey Hepburn! It turns out I am closer to having the grace of Jerry Lewis. The tips are wonderful!

spindelmaker said...

Audrey or not, these are wise words!

Cody said...

Cody didn't send it. Cody's GIRLFRIEND did

Amanda said...

EYEs and gazing with LOVE are key! We've been working with be comfortable with the intimacy and openness that is required to really do this at Shala. Elena M, Amy and I have all incorporated in our yoga classes. It takes some practice. om shanti