Thursday, June 10, 2010

Happiness is...

FINALLY finding the perfect fabric to cover the chair in our living room!

Ta da!

I've been talking about this living room makeover since before yellow was cool again so I am beside myself that I've finally found the perfect fabrics! I've called my mamma 3 x to give measurements and decide on yardage. Yeah- so if they would have told me that math could make me house pretty I might have paid closer attention! HA!

I got all the fabric from here. In case you need to do some perusing yourself! :) Peruse, such a great word.

Aaaand the promise of my mamma booking a ticket to teach me how to use the damn Singer Simple! is putting me over the happiness edge right now! Commence dancing in the living room!

Who knew fabric would ever make me so happy! HA! I betcha Mema and Mom are pretty proud right now!

Have a super great find kind of day!
xxoo,
Lacy

10 comments:

spindelmaker said...

Ha, ha, ha... sewing and fabrics can make you that happy. I could have told you long ago! Careful though, you might become addicted! :-)
I am very happy too today. It´s finally reached 20 degrees, and I have on my new summer-dress and two big flowers in my hair just to celebrate!

Sara said...

Oh my - YES, fabrics are my new passion. There are some absolutely gorgeous ones out there. I've been quilting/sewing lately and that's been sooo much fun.

I also like fatquartershop.com for fabrics. I've never met the lady that owns it, but she lives right around the corner from me.

Tammie said...

CUTE! CUTE! CUTE! I love all of it! The colors...FABULOUS! the patterns... ADOREABLE! The combination... PERFECT!

Kristin said...

That is going to be fantastic. What cute fabrics, so cheery, I love them. I'm also very happy for you and your sewing machine to finally be able to make friends. Keep posting on the projects, I'd love to see the finished product!

Meghan said...

Those are absolutely fantastic fabrics! I love it :) And I am glad to see that happy, bubbly Lacy get so excited over fabrics!!!

kelli said...

I'm about to move into a house with a LOT of VERY WHITE walls that I can't paint...fabric is going to save my life this year! love that link...

Tara Ross Studios said...

oh,,, I am lol, at the thought of the Simple Sewing machine, that sounds like a pickle I've gotten myself into several times. I feel your pain, and what a good sport of a hubby you have to try and help!!

I know mom's can be of great help, you are so patient for waiting!

I guess I won't be buying s "simple",,,ha!

soveryvicki said...

Oh!! I am completely loving your fabric choices. They just shout out "HAPPY!"

babyluxdesign said...

You found it!!! That's awesome...can't wait to see pictures of everything finished! xo

Cole said...

I'm taking a sewing class Thursday. My goal is to learn how to make pillow cases for my couch. So post pictures of yours when you finish. :)