Saturday, June 5, 2010

These Old Habits Make Me Happy

When we were kids Mema used to plop us down with the Sunday paper and a pen. We'd go through all the ads and circle to our hearts desire all the things we wanted. I don't remember if we ever got any of the things we circled (surely we did at some point) but I do remember how much fun we had and how inspiring it was to me.

These days I still do a version of that. When a new magazine or catalog comes in the mail I grab a pen and sit down to start circling! I tear out the page in the magazine almost immediately when I see something I love. I write myself little notes for fun and to remember why I liked it or why it inspired me. I have a file in my studio that they all go into and every once in a while I'll pull them out for inspiration or when I need to get someone a gift. The things I really really really want get pinned up on my bulletin board in my studio so that I can manifest it's way into my life.

Here are 3 that were at the top of my recent stack from my tear and circle ritual :)




Are you a magazine page ripper outter?
Have a great weekend!
xxoo
Lacy

3 comments:

Mary said...

I can attest the fact that, indeed, you did receive some of the items that you circled. :-)

spindelmaker said...

Yum, yum, give me some! LOVE those flower-plates. (Which is kind of strange, cause I usually don´t like flower-plates) But the link stated in the magazine is impossible! Arg! It just leads to loads of furniture-shops. Don´t you just hate it when the info isn´t accurate!
Have a nice Sunday!

Tammie said...

I looked up the knives to see if they were good for lefties. "The D-shape of the Shun Classic handles was designed to tuck into the palm of a right-handed user and provide more control by leaving less space between handle and hand. That said, many left-handers find that the handle works just as well for them. The best way to know whether a knife is right for you is to actually hold the knife in your hands before making your purchase." Is what I found. How can I feel them when ordering online? (P.S. Amazon's price is the same as in the magazine, or a few cents less.)