Thursday, June 17, 2010

Today is for the birds!

Ned is bird watching.

Cliff is volunteering at the wildlife animal shelter and today he's feeding baby birds.
This is his happy volunteer celebration photo. He's been on the list to volunteer for a year now and he finally got his call that it's his turn! One day when we have lots of money we will save lots and lots of animals on a farm somewhere but for now Cliff is in his green volunteer T feeding meal worms to baby birds with an eye dropper and he's a happy camper.


and me... I'm listening to happy birdies chip outside and still when I think of happy birds I think of this print. It always makes me smile.

: ) Lacy

7 comments:

Smoochgirl said...

love the poster! we always laugh when we go to target and see the big, dumb crows fight over french fries or pepsi cans! i'm jealous of cliff! what an awesome job!

Marizee said...

Today I'm happy b/c its one day closer to seeing my sweet hubby again....

And b/c I'm still thinking about our time together in cali last week and lmao. ;)

babyluxdesign said...

you two are just too darn cute!

{little.happy.things} said...

Cute!

cocosparkle said...

That is the best poster ever! I hope Cliff had an awesome day.

Tammie said...

The poster makes me think of the many generations of sparrows that have nested and hatched families on our screened in porch. (We have decided that our mutts are bird dogs. They watch them eat the dog food, drink their water, and sometimes bathe in it also.) The birds also use the dog's shedding fur for building nests.

Tammie said...

Oh yeah, Kudos to Cliff for being a hero to the baby birdies!