Friday, August 13, 2010

For The Love of Lists: Things I love about my partner.






1. He does the dishes and the laundry.

2. He smiles with his whole face when he smiles at me.

3. He loves the way new car parts smell. It's hilarious but I'd never deny him the pleasure.

4. He thinks that I look like the lady on the mud flaps (and that kind of makes me want to frame a mud flap, you think I'm kidding).

5. He taught me how to dream again.

6. He thinks that I am adorable. He does that staring thing, I catch him drinking me in and I say something really profound like "what'cha looking at" and his response is always something beautiful like "I'm just enjoying you."

7. He says that he's the lucky one.

8. He is one baddass gun slinging- martial art mastering-sky diving REAL man. You name it he's done it.

I had so much fun looking through old pictures to find these. I wrote the post before I looked for photos so I got lucky that I could find such perfect picts for all three! Don't those light wash jeans just totally crack you up!
Hello 80's-- you remember your pal Cliff!

9. He hoola hoops with me. And it doesn't stop there, he's always up for my next (brilliant) idea no matter how foolish it may seem at the time.

10. He believes in me (and sometimes it's enough for both of us).

11. I'm convinced he couldn't possibly sit still to good 80's music.

12. He jumps up and down with me in celebration when the moment calls for it.

13. He has had the same best friend since he was 8 years old (and Chris is one cool dude).

14. He loves animals, all of them. And one day when we have lots of money we will have a farm to save the ones who need it, all of them.
15. He took my hand 'and life rushed in' (Not my words, a quote I read somewhere and it was immediately written on my heart it says so much with so few words. The best quotes are often that way, don't you think?).

What are your fave thing(s) about your partner or bestie?
Have a Wa-ha-honderful weekend!
Lacy

11 comments:

soveryvicki said...

Love this list! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and all those great pictures. Love is the best, isn't it?

Danielle said...

What a great list! Thanks for inspiring me to create my own list to share with my hubby.

Summer Says... said...

You know what I love most about your love?

Just about every long-arm shot captures one of you totally adoring the other.

Those pictures speak far more than a thousand words. They inspire me to keep wanting that in my life.

Mary said...

Mine is oh so fine, oh so sweet, and oh so super because he took me just the way I came!

What's NOT to love about Cliff? But, I do have an addition: He "walks a mile in your shoes" every year which speaks volumes about his security in himself (hisself?).

Good list! And, enjoyed seeing him with an almost full head of hair. :-)

E. Charlotte said...

What a beautiful list! It warms a person's heart to hear that two wonderful people found each other in this world and are enjoying everything that came next. :)

Cate Levings said...

Your blog posts always bring me such joy to read. My heart swells in the hope I will someday soon meet my "Cliff" who will complete me so perfectly. I am so blessed to have you both in my life:)

And after seeing Chuck Norris Cliff in full-on mullet, I will never look at him the same ;P

katy said...

OMG with the hi-YAH brick breaking. Damn it, Cliff, you're a stud!!!!!

Tammie said...

He still thinks that I am sexy, even though he knows what a klutz and a goofball I am. Also, I truly think that he can repair anything mechanical that is able to be repaired. He is a great Dad!

Meghan said...

Lacy I just can't get enough of you :) You've helped me through so much just in the short time I've known you! This just gives me more and more to love about you all! Thank you Lace :)

Kier's Serendipity said...

Does Cliff know you raided his old picture pile? He's a keeper.

Tara Ross Studios said...

I am so moved by your words for your love. I can feel it all the way over here in Seattle!

How blessed you are to have each other.

xo...