Tuesday, August 24, 2010

This is our life.

This morning I woke up and you said 30 more minutes... not five like usual. T H I R T Y--- and I obliged. I cracked open my book and wriggled in next to you our legs intertwined, cats nested at our feet (30 or 5 it's all the same to them, they'll be sleeping near us all day be it in bed, on the couch, stairs, at my feet as I work, in the love bucket in his office as he works). I read, you twitched in the throws of your morning dreams. I placed my free hand on your cool skin and you let out a sigh of complete contentment. 30 minutes turned into an hour, I watched you sleep between pages. I kissed you until you woke up and we began our day... you wanted dark toast and so you set the toaster and walked away. You have a tendency for abandoning cooking food. We noticed the smoke, you got the windows and doors, I hit the smoke detector without even a word-- we are an effortless team. I made you another piece of toast and delivered it to you as you sat talking to CNBC. The whole thing from smoke to new toast happened without a word. The look on your face as you reached out to take it was so beautiful. This is our life and I love it.

10 comments:

Mary said...

I want to leave a comment but I can't because of all of the sticky sappiness on my keyboard. :-b

Cute, Lace!

Jennifer said...

Adorable. :)

Quiet Violet said...

Life is GOOD!

E. Charlotte said...

Beautiful! It's those small moments (which are actually big moments) that make life so very sweet. Not enough people notice and enjoy them!

Tammie said...

My favorite thing is spontaneous slow dancing in the kitchen to the music in our hearts.

CliffTech said...

What can I say say? I so scored two and a half years ago.

glassplantstudio said...

This is beautiful and reminds me to slow down.

glassplantstudio said...

Ps I love your blog and use it as inspiration as I try to make my own transition into yoga, wellness, and craft

:)

Han said...

Thats so cute!

Carmen said...

I love the way you love.