So hello Friday afternoon and hello to 10 little left handed facts.
I take my long arm photos left-handed :)
1. Any group that includes Charlemagne, Rock Hudson, Paul McCartney, Leonardo da Vinci, Benjamin Franklin, Jack the Ripper and the Boston Strangler must be select, if not elite. --James De Kay
2. Lefties tend to have a better memory for music then right-handers.
Which would explain why I listen to the words in songs and Cliff hears the music before the lyrics.
3. Intuits believe that all left-handed people are potential sorcerers.
I'm thinking seriously about brewing up a glass of red wine some time soon. 4 o'clock on a Friday, I call that well deserved magic not sorcery.
4. One of the few things that favors lefties are tollbooths.
umm I happen to think it just favors that we drive on the left side of the road here but whatever.
5. The Incas believes that left-handedness was a sign of luck.
I'll take luck, never hurts. Thanks Incas!
6. The word "sinister" is almost verbatim the Latin word for left-handed.
Eh, poe-tay-to, poe-tat-oo, toe-may-toe, toe-mat-toe.
7. If both parents are right-handed, a mere 2 percent of their children will be left-handed. If both parents are left-handed, there is a 50 percent change that their children will be.
Both my parents are right handed and I'm the only lefty kiddo of the bunch.
8. There was even a time in Japan when mere left-handedness in a wife was sufficient ground for expelling her.
ha! Had I lived in Japan in that time left-handedness would have been the least of the reasons for expelling me!
9. We wear our wedding bands on the third finger of the left hand because of a custom that dates back to the early Egyptian belief that the vein of love ran directly from the heart to the third finger on the left hand.
I like those Egyptians, they are romantic and hairless. Such a great combo.
1 - 9.Taken from The Lefty Notebook.
10. And this has nothing to do with handedness but I heard it the other day and it was an AH HA moment! If a tear falls from the left eye first it means pain, from the right eye is happiness. Now if only I could remember that right before the tears fall next time to confirm or deny.
I eat left handed : )
Are you a fellow left-hander in your right mind?
Have a wonderful weekend! Hopefully you can get into all kinds of expel worthy trouble, you know-- the really good kind!
Left handed love love love