Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Free Change

You know how some days you look at something you've looked at a million times before and you know-- today is the day that change HAS got to happen!  That was me last week with the entry way.  It was BORING and needed a little sprucing!

Here's the before-- I have no idea why I took two photos instead of one but you get the idea... blah.


Mema gave me a bunch of hooks and I had brown spray paint already so I painted some up. And I have to say I am super proud of my screw holding idea. I put them into a potato so I could paint the tops to have them blend into the hooks.





I painted the front door to match the living room wall and moved in the big mirror that I used to have in my massage space (Kayla will be so happy when she comes to visit, she loves a full length mirror). There you have it, a little paint and rearrange and I think it's make a much better statement now, don't you!

ta da!



new entry



Here's to free change and blue doors (makes me want to watch Knotting Hill for the 100th time)!

Have a lovely Wednesday!
Lacy

10 comments:

katy said...

A definite improvement. Way to go!

E. Charlotte said...

I like it! That blue door makes such a statement! And I like what it's saying! :) Well done!

Kayla Burns Floyd said...

Love it! Honestly, where do you find the time?

leigh said...

Clever!! potato!! i have searched high and low for styro foam for that very purpose and never even thought of a vegetable!!

Tammie said...

The screws in the potato remind me of a vintage Mr. Potato Head toy box I saw at an antique store. (It was a box of face pieces and limbs to use on a real potato!) I think the after, absolutely looks better! I bet it feels better too!

Kelley said...

love it!! the mirror is amazing and the door is fabulous!! thanks for sharing. where did you get the "keep calm and carry on"?

mle jean said...

oh the improvement looks fabulous!! it looks much more chic and bigger..and the potato and spray painting...genius!!

spindelmaker said...

Respect for your excellent idea on how to paint the screws. How brilliant! And you´re right about the blue door. It does remind me very much about Notting Hill (when you go to London, you should visit the Travel Book Shop where Hugh Grant "works", it´s such a lovely store!) You hallway looks very much more interesting and personal now.

CurlyGirl said...

I love the poster on the wall! I've only seen it in red, which is too bright for my walls. Where did you find it in yellow?

Cole said...

I have that same black mirror hanging next to my front door. so funny! I love the blue door. I love colorful doors in general. Wonder if I could talk my hubby into letting me do this if I showed him this picture. hmmm so cute!