Thursday, November 11, 2010

My very favorite days

Watch the video 1st, then read the words under it. :)
Sorry about the ad on the video... it's b/c I used a Sony music song per You Tube.  Just click the X to close it.





Yesterday I posted a video from Jen Gray.  Flipping through her videos I was so moved by her Return to the Root video.  It's the inspiration for this video.  Last week in the women's discussion group that I co-lead we spent a good amount of time talking about how hard we all are on ourselves and how our self image takes a mean beating as a result.  If we can start to turn off the old tapes inside that say nasty things and replace them with wonderful things we can start to transform.

Kayla's post yesterday on Unbearable Lightness was one more reminder that it's time to usher in that change.  I am so inspired by Jen's video, Portia's book, my little sisters post... and since I am a do-er I sat down on the kitchen floor with a huge pad of paper and a marker and a full heart.  I had no idea what I'd say, I just promised myself that I'd sit and write and film it and see what came out of me.

Today, say something really deeply loving to yourself... and believe it.  She knows what she's talking about!

To love and the irrepressible spirit of women!
Lacy

9 comments:

Kayla Burns Floyd said...

My heart is so full sister! Couldn't have said it better myself. What a beautiful journey we're on to truly see ourselves. I love you.

E. Charlotte said...

Wow! Awesome, empowering post! I LOVE the message that you wrote. Thank you for sharing!

Auntie Mary said...

What a touching virtual moment! How beautiful is it that you and your sister can impact so many of us in some many lands!

Thank you!

leigh said...

Oh wow. Dead on. and totally totally needed today.
It's amazing how woven into our fabric being cruel to ourselves is. It's almost reflexive sometimes. Things we would never say to our friends we are allowed to say to ourselves...how's that for bullying.
love you girl. so glad to have you.
xoox
l

Tammie said...

A beautiful message with a beautiful song.

Kelley said...

beautiful and touching...thank you

soveryvicki said...

Lacy...I love this. It made my heart squeeze. Thanks for sharing yourself.

Kimberly said...

Thank you Lacy for your transparency. Truly illimunating! O.K. gotta stop typing so I can finish balling my eyes out.

Lizzy said...

the "write" words at exactly the right time. oh, lacy, thank you for how courageously you take this stuff on. what a TREASURE you are. love, love and more love.