Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Recents

Hells Angels are riding, it's definitely road trip time!


So we headed to one of our favorite places, Carmel!  Where apparently, pigs cross the road.

 

 Along the way we passed fields of yellow.  


And then we arrive to find the cutest old fire station you've ever seen.  Ok we knew it was there, they buy our straps (YAY!) so you know... I had to see the place!

 

And then we found... the perfect beach spot.  And I'm talking perfect- no other people, just us and this perfect day.  We parked in a neighborhood and walked down to the beach. 

Maybe one day this will be the view from our backyard. 

Cliff didn't expect the walk to be so long so he went barefoot only to find that he did indeed need shoes.  So I gave him one of mine.  Sharing is caring after all.

We found a place to perch.

 

and rock gardens to explore. 

 

and algae pools living among the rocks.



and LOTS of birds

 

we raced the waves to shore and captured each other having fun.


and you know, of course we took long arm photos.


and I wrote my word of the year in the sand.  That's my shadow at the end of the word.  The surf came in to wash it out almost as soon as I'd written it.  Seemed a perfect way to lighten!



Beach days are back and with them I can't help but feel a renewed feeling of the promise that tomorrow holds. 

I hope this finds you feeling renewed!

xo
Lacy

7 comments:

Kristina said...

Beautiful! Happy Birthday, Lacy!

Kimberly said...

I love you the way you see such beauty in everything!
Happy Birthday!

Kayla Burns Floyd said...

I absolutely love the shared flip flops. I think I remember a beach trip of ours with a similar predicament. :) Would love to find time to chat via skype or g-voice soon. Did I tell you my word is "promise"? I thought it was so beautiful how your blog post today ended with that word. Gave me chills. Love you mucho.

spindelmaker said...

It looks like summer... sigh... longing for warm sun... there are some very good reasons for living in California!

Kier's Serendipity said...

I love it. Sounds like it was a magical day!

E. Charlotte said...

Oh I miss the murmur of the sea and the smell of sand and salt! Your photos are beautiful and it looks like you found a lovely beach spot to enjoy the day. :)

Tammie said...

It looks like a perfect and relaxing day! I love the Firehouse, & of course I would stop for mommy and baby pigs crossing the road even without the sign. ;o)