What's real. Right now.
1. 24 hours in a day feels very real right now. Though sometimes lately it feels like I almost squeak out 25.
2. Sitting on the couch of a girl friend talking and talking and seeing hours pass like minutes. Thank you sweet friend! Spending time near you always brings me back to myself in the best ways. Walls down, heart open-- just plain goodness and perspective. The world seems right side up today.
3. Meditation every night with my love and getting into bed together. There's nothing quite like that end of the day unwind and reconnect.
4. The magic of the Internet and finally, finally being able to talk to my sis in Spain through the computer.
5. My cousin, Derrick and his girlfriend, Jaymi had a baby and he's perfect and I feel old and nostalgic thinking about when Derrick was my sweet baby.
6. Speaking of old- I'll be 32 this month. That feels really... good. I love birthdays, especially mine and I love this process of life and how we mark it with age and how sometimes that means everything and others it doesn't mean squat.
7. Sunday. Silent Sunday. Part of the year of Lighten means a Sunday unplug to recharge and there's nothing I look forward to more right now.
8. Lacylike herbal line orders. They are really coming in and I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate your support. Your feedback via email has been amazing and I am so appreciative (feel free to leave remarks on this post too). Sewing lip balms into paper bags and packing up boxes with little love notes has become a delightful little ritual around here. Things went so well with the roll out I will be bringing you a few deals for Valentines Day very soon.
9. This amazing California day. It's 71 degrees and sunny today. It's perfect.
10. And of course. Ned. Ned is a constant source of reality in the best kinds of ways. He reminds me to slow down, that meal times are exciting, that what goes out outside (we call it watching outside TV when they sit at the sliding door and watch the world) is very entertaining and that being held is always wonderful.
I hope your weekend in progress is really wonderful!
p.s. thank YOU for being really beautiful, kind, thoughtful, terrific. I mean it. I got some really lovely emails this week that really touched me. So thank you.