Friday, February 25, 2011

The Creative Process.

Cliff and I recently watched Pollack.  It was our first time to see the movie and this scene stopped me dead in my tracks.  This is a photo of our tv.  He has just rolled out this amazingly huge canvas... pacing back and forth in front of it, getting acquainted, making ready for what will come next.  The little rituals of our creative process are so beautiful to me.  I could just feel the energy being shared between the man, the canvas and his shadow... how he's literally putting himself into the canvas.  Naturally, Cliff and I vowed to paint after watching this movie.  

May this weekend find you in the throws of a beautiful ritual, creative or otherwise.

With love,
Lacy 

2 comments:

Tammie said...

Painting is fun! Everyone should try it at least once after they graduate from fingerpaints! Go get some pallette paper, just a few small tubes of oil or acrylic paints, (and a big tube of titanium white) some canvas and go to town!

Kayla Burns Floyd said...

How powerful...love it. I'm discovering more and more about my creative process every day. Mostly about how in the hell I'm going to drown this pesky little inner critic that likes to come along for the ride every time I sit down to write. She's SUPER annoying.