Thursday, February 3, 2011

Walking around with a secret.

Today Cliff and I have been married for 3 years.  Most days I feel like I am walking around with a really great secret.  Our love fills me up and makes me feel like I can do anything.  Even bigger right now as our financial life is so uncertain our love makes me feel safe and protected and that no matter what it will be okay because we will be together. 

Three years makes me feel giddy.  Since our wedding day we've been on a direct course to create a life together that's big on happy.  


We've learned: 

The tiny details like wall color actually do make a difference. 
Chasing dreams though tough is always worth it.
Wonton soup makes us both very happy. 
A home can never have too many comfy blankets (the cats agree).
Healthy is not a word or state of being to be taken for granted. 
Newcastle is still our favorite beer.
 California is home.  For sure.
And our very favorite days are spent together.

Cliff, I love you.  I love you.  I love you.  
I love going to bed and waking up with you.  I love the daily unwind.  
I love our road trips and memories in pictures.  
I love your cooking.  The way you take care of us and the babies.  
I love that we truly share our lives together. 
I could not ask for a better partner. 

Thank you for being mine. 
 
I still DO. 
Lacy




17 comments:

Lace said...

This is so sweet & beautiful! I have a love that fills me up too & it is just the greatest feeling ever! Happy 3 year anniversary, Lacy!

Buffalo Lucy said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the way you put it "walking around with a secret." I know exactly what you mean! Congratulations to you and Cliff! <3

Cara Linn said...

Precious. My heart fills up with happiness when I read things like this. My wedding is in 4 months and I can't wait to share the same kind of happiness.

Happy Anniversary!

katy said...

Yay! Happy anniversary, you crazy kids. :)

CliffTech said...

I love you my wife. Thanks for that beautiful expose on our magical life together. Three years! Seems like yesterday. Our family and friends make it that much richer. Oh, and by the way, we will be. I am looking forward to 20 more three-year anniversaries!

Auntie Mary said...

Happy Anniversary, you witlle wuv birds! Love you both!

CurlyGirl said...

Happy, happy anniversary! :)

Tammie said...

Isn't it great how it feels like no time has gone by, but at the same time, you can hardly remember what it felt like to not be in love with each other? Happy Anniversary to the both of you, and I hope every year feels just like your wedding day!

Kristina said...

This made me teary eyed and gave me goosebumps. Happy Anniversary!

Kayla Burns Floyd said...

OMG! Happy Anniversary! How could I forget....the only Texan woman I know that would get married on Super Bowl Sunday. Ha! I love you for being you. Kiss Cliffy for me. Mwwwaaahhh!

XOXO
Kayla, your fabulous little sis

Sara said...

Awwww - happy anniversary!

Kier's Serendipity said...

Happy Anniversary you two youngins!

k8krumm said...

Happy anniversary! I am so glad you're still in bloom! Love you!

E. Charlotte said...

Oh! I squirted a happy tear at your "I Still Do!" Happy Anniversary! So wonderful that you have found and nurtured such an amazing love. Here's to many many years!

soveryvicki said...

Love this post. Love it! Happy Anniversary! Yay for true love!

Summer Says... said...

How sweet is your love! Happy Anniversary : )

Cate Levings said...

Happy belated anniversary! I have tears in my eyes. You both give me hope! Three is such a glorious number, congratulations. To many, many, many more happy years together full of love:) You are an inspiration.