Wednesday, March 16, 2011

If I'm being honest with you

-I find 1 ply toilet paper to be down right unkind.  Gas station bathroom stop, you know the type. 

-I wonder why we are measured via weight and length from birth?  As if knowing that a # pound whatever # ounce really matters in the grand scheme of life.  Just makes me wonder.

- I appreciate linens far more than I should.  Seriously I feel like each room should have at least 3 comfy blankees.

-Cats and dogs little sleeping snores and dreams are the cutest things ever to watch and I can't even imagine what it will be like once we produce offspring.  The possibility of that kind of love...  To watch innocents sleep.

-All I can think about today is a gigantic banana split. Traditional, 3 scoops, whipped cream sub walnuts for pecans, no need for a cherry.

What's on your mind today?
Wednesday already!
Lacy

6 comments:

Han said...

Length and weight I think it's a starting point to gauge that you develop healthily and stuff like that. I was about 3 or 4 pounds when I was born - I was a dinky baby lol. My friend's daughter delivered her fifth baby on Sunday morning he was 10 pounds!

Yum on the banana split but hold the nuts for me thanks :)

Kayla Burns Floyd said...

I totally feel you on the tp, but I've learned to be thankful for ANY toilet paper in my travels...1-ply sounds like paradise most days. ;) It's the little things...

Have you read my blog today? Madre mia, it was one of those moments when I was cursing the fact that I couldn't just pick up the phone and laugh with you. Miss you!

JenCoen said...

Today, on my mind... I'm just feeling grateful. To be breathing and living.
Have a great day!!

Cara Linn said...

Amen to #1! The worst, I've unfortunately discovered while subbing, is the square individual sheets they have in school restrooms. Awful! I might have to buy some Charmin to keep in my purse.

I used my lacylike lavender soak last night. Perfect way to relax after getting my wisdom teeth out!

All in Perspective said...

agreed on TP. agreed on linens. for one, i am a fan of sheets. I have 2 sets of Sferra Bros. linens that have a lovely embroidery. Once i was watching a movie and someone was actually sleeping on my sheets!! They are so delicious...i even get them pressed once in awhile because they are so lovely. Last easter, the easter bunny brought everyone a "little giraffe luxe" blankie, even my husband has a blankie now with their names because they were fighting over mine. No joke.
all mammals snore i think. i wonder if non-mammals snore as well?
i would go for just the bananas with chocolate and WC and nuts.
ides of march.
hugs!!
~L

Tammie said...

I am SO with you on the TP!! Also, if it is not soft... I also enjoy good linens, and fabrics of all kinds. Any sleeping critter or child is a sweet thing to behold. I am not a fan of ice cream in general, and not at all of banana splits, but they do look fun! I would enjoy building one! As for the measuring at birth, there are things that can be determined about the health of a baby from it's weight and length, and thereafter it is monitored to be certain that the baby is recieving enough nutrients to grow properly. There are rare conditions that can prevent a baby from absorbing the nutrients it needs even though it is eating enough. Beyond childhood, I don't know why it would be necessary to continue measuring.