Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Island Girl

I said:
Sometimes I feel like I'm on an island.

She said:
You are and I'm right there with you.  We're drinking Miami Vices.

I said:
Miami Vices?

She said:
You know 1/2 pina colada 1/2 strawberry daiquiri.

---

Irony is that my little bro is actually on an island, like one of the best islands around, Hawaii.  Heartbroken. And what I wouldn't give to hug him.  Missing my sisters and little brother extra lately. The world feels very big today and I feel very small.

I hope this finds you feeling mighty.  Mighty indeed.

Looking forward to a day soon with umbrella drinks.
Lacy

5 comments:

Auntie Mary said...

My dear Lacy, you are far from small! Your are mightier than the mightiest! If you truly feel like you are on an island, then just enjoy the view! love you!

Kayla Burns Floyd said...

Loving you right back sweet sister... I cannot wait to spend hours upon hours together when I get back talking about life and lessons learned and LAUGHING like we do so well. And of course drinking an adult beverage or two. ;)

Isabelle said...

I am an islander myself (not from Hawaii, but from the Caribbean) and I really know the feeling of isolation.... like Auntie Mary said, enjoy your present, whatever that means.... the tides will change soon enough. Wishing you a great day today....

Summer Says... said...

Nobody puts Lacy on an island!

How's that for exercising a little artistic license? Your influence is larger than you realize, dear friend. I'm thrilled to have the chance to bask in the glow of your light in this world.

Kristin said...

Yep, what Summer said!