Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hacky McHackerson-- Save yourself ;)

Since I'm still on the mend from this years Flu I thought I'd share some wisdom from the wellness files on staying healthy! 

1. Get into bed before you're forced there!
Being sleep deprived is at the root of countless health problems and most definitely makes you more susceptible to cold.  Something I should have reminded myself of a few weeks ago!  Blerg!

2. H20 is the way to go!
Your friend water is HUGE is in keeping the flu away!  Carry a bottle of water with you everywhere you go.  Water keeps your mucus membranes active, supple and functioning properly.  They are one of your bodies first lines of defense against cold.  My fave lately is the Life Factory glass bottle with silicon sleeve.  When you need a little break from water try an herbal tea.  Stay away from sodas and drinks with excess sugar.  The flu loves SUGAR!


3.  Create a flora bouquet in your belly!
Eat foods rich in good bacteria!  Yogurt, miso and Kefir all have live and active microflora and prebiotics that protect your tummy from bacterial breakdown caused by stomach acid.

It's an easy 1-2-3 and I hope it helps to keep you in tip top shape this cold season!

Stay healthy friends!
XO
Lacy

3 comments:

Han said...

I try and drink just water or orange juice when I've got a cold to try and shake it off sooner - sometimes going to bed isn't always an option but I try and sleep for as much as I can over the nearest weekend so that I can try and get through work.

Auntie Mary said...

Just learned about Kefir recently and I actually like it. Also, was introduced to Yakult and like it, too! What's this world coming to?

Auntie Mary said...

OH and forgot... don't forget to wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands!