Thursday, May 26, 2011

Quotable.

I've been asking people what are their favorite quotes... Today when I asked Amanda at the yoga studio she said...

It's choice, not chance that determines your destiny.  

-Jean Nidetch


because her 6th grade teacher who died of cancer told them that quote. He chose to live well with the time he had.  A reminder that gives me a lump in my throat and makes tears well up.  I totally get it and I'm so very glad I asked her that question.  


I hope that today finds you living well! 


With love, lots of love,
Lacy

4 comments:

Auntie Mary said...

So true! But, I have a funny story about "choice". It's not one that I will share on your blog. How fitting of you to post this!

Compliments of Grandma B said...

a lovely reminder on a hectic day!

the girl said...

i choose, i CHOOSE, I CHOOSE...

all that is GOOD for me. mwah!

Tammie said...

When I was in High school, I had an older Engilsh teacher who called me up to the front of the classroom to talk to me about a button I was wearing on my jacket. (I had forgotten it was there.) He told me that in the past 8 months his wife had gotten very ill and died, he had been through major surgery, and a week ago, he got a ticket. He felt like he was being persecuted. Then he saw my button... It said, "Shit happens". Not eloquent or deeply meaningful, but the revelation that there was no grand scheme to make him miserable cheered him considerably. I took the button off and gave it to him.