Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Zen is Sexy

This morning I've come up with a smoothie I'm calling Blended Zen.  I'm LOVING this smoothie and it's getting added to our serving often list!  


When I think of Zen I think of my sisters blog and her section appropriately named Zen is Sexy (It's also HILARIOUS.  If you haven't yet read her story of getting a massage in Spain, it's totally worth it).

photo taken in our garden :) happy greens!
Blended Zen

Ingredients:
1 ripe avocado
1 Cucumber
GIANT handful of Spinach
1 Banana, *Frozen
1 Pear, *Frozen
1 Cup Coconut Milk
1/2 Cup Coconut Water
1 Teaspoon Honey (if desired)

TIP
*In lieu of using ice that would water down the smoothie I use frozen fruit. Once every few weeks I clean and if necessary chop up fruit for freezing. Bananas are a staple in our freezer. 


Directions:
Add spinach and coconut milk to blender.  Blend until smooth.  Add rest of ingredients and blend until smooth once more.  Use the coconut water as needed to thin out the smoothie.  I used a lot of spinach so it was really thick and the coconut water brought it to the perfect consistency.

ENJOY!
If you're in need of a little zen Group Coaching will hit the spot!  
Lacy 


1 comment:

katy said...

Oooh, sounds great! We are big smoothie people in our house. And like you -- never use ice! Just frozen fruit. I've honestly never put spinach in a smoothie, but I'd be willing to give it a go.