Thursday, January 26, 2012

From Baby Seal to Navy Seal

Serious counting down now... it's Thursday and I fly in two more wake ups.  Cliff says this trip is like bootcamp for our marriage.  I agree.  I've run the gamut of emotions.  There were big alligator tears last night as we laid in bed talking about what it will be like-- about missing each other.  About loneliness and the difference between being alone and being with yourself.  Sweet realizations too that to truly be together you have to be ok with being alone.

The being alone part is a first in my adult life.  So this is my journey and I'm embracing it fully.  I'll go to the rock in the middle of the ocean and sit in the sand.  I'll read books.  I'll hike.  I'll let peace rush in.  And when the time comes that peace fills my body, mind and spirit so completely that longing has no place to live I'll know it's time to come home.

<3, Lacy

2 comments:

Kayla Burns Floyd said...

*Love*

Megan said...

I'm not sure if you mentioned this before, or if you're even sharing this information, but do you mind telling us how long you'll be in Hawaii?

What a powerful, brave, and beautiful thing you are doing for yourself and for your relationship-- I have no doubt it will be amazing!